Senior React FE Dev
Position Type: Full time, contract, or freelance
We are looking for a senior React engineer to join our team supporting our enterprise clients. You will work with the front-end team and the user experience team to develop new UI components and views in React based on UX specifications in Figma.
- React 17+
- Jest (unit tests)
- Responsive design (mobile and desktop) experience
- Storybook JS (UI component development)
- CSS-in-JS frameworks (Styled components / Emotion)
- UI frameworks (Material, Chakra, Semantic)
- Webpack 4/5+ and/or FE build tools and bundling
- GraphQL and/or traditional REST communication
What you will do
Your primary responsibility is to cleanly and efficiently build application components using React based on requirements from the UX/design team. This includes:
- Taking written and design requirements (in Figma, Confluence) and implementing in React/CSS
- Ability to assess a technical or design requirement and break it into subtasks with accurate estimates on time to deliver
- Act as a primary React developer, which includes helping less experienced developers in understanding React and performing code reviews
- Documenting your design and implementing core components/documentation using Storybook.js
- Deconstructing design and business requirements to architect back-end API contracts
The most important requirement of the job is communication. All communication is done via Slack/Hangouts/phone, which means you respond quickly in Slack to questions and you do not hesitate to reach out and discuss concerns, questions, or issues with the team. Of course, you are ultimately measured on the quality and timeliness of your output, but we have seen many competent consultants fail; they failed not because they could not code, but because they were not good at communicating status or working with the team to achieve common goals.
The position is fully flexible on location. You can be fully remote, or you can come in to our swank downtown San Diego work space whenever you feel like it. Don't feel like driving, no problem? Want to get away from your house for a change, come hang out. It's totally up to you.
What we seek
- Someone with an eye and patience for detail, who is able to take visual requirements and reproduce pixel-perfect replications in code
- A clear communicator that is able to articulate problems and even present architecture/design in front of clients. If you don’t like to speak in front of groups, or don’t like interacting with other humans, then this job isn’t for you.
- Self-motivated individuals who know they need to get a job done and do not require constant hand-holding or oversight.
- Someone who desires remote work and autonomy. This is not for you if you think of work as a chance to meet people and make friends around the water cooler. You also need to be able to clearly separate your work time from the rest of your life and diligently get the job done.
- Someone who reads this job description and their resume/cover letter accurately references these requirements and speaks to each point with specific examples and/or work experience.
Ready to join the team?
Send your resume or CV to email@example.com