We are looking for a senior, back-end (BE) Python developer to join our team supporting our enterprise clients. Your primary focus will be developing the back-end system and defining the interaction with the front-end application (React). You must have experience in developing in Python and working on server/back-end frameworks for supporting web applications.
- Experience in one or more enterprise level Python BE frameworks (Flask/Django)
- Experience in database systems (SQL and/or Redis)
- Cloud based platform solutions with AWS
- Architecting/defining REST based APIs
- Unit testing with PyTest and/or E2E testing with Playwright
- Experience in type-safety solutions in Python is a plus
- Dev-ops infra-structure (CI/CD) is a plus
What you will do
Your primary responsibility is to develop the back-end server logic based on the clients existing/legacy Python solution. The main area of focus will be in the back-end and database system, as well as the necessary build infrastructure and dev-ops to support the development team. This includes:
- Ability to assess a technical or design requirement and break it into subtasks with accurate estimates on time to deliver
- Deconstructing design and business requirements to architect back-end API contracts
- Assess the clients existing Python solution and provide technical guidance on how to improve performance and developer experience (DX)
The most important requirement of the job is communication. All communication is done via Slack/Hangouts/phone, which means you respond quickly in Slack to questions and you do not hesitate to reach out and discuss concerns, questions, or issues with the team. Of course, you are ultimately measured on the quality and timeliness of your output, but we have seen many competent consultants fail; they failed not because they could not code, but because they were not good at communicating status or working with the team to achieve common goals.
What we seek
- Minimum of 3 years of BE or full stack experience working with one or more BE Python framework
- Minimum of 2 years working on cloud based solutions from at least one major provider.
- Experience in enterprise web applications is a big bonus
- A clear communicator that is able to articulate problems and even present architecture/design in front of clients. If you don’t like to speak in front of groups, or don’t like interacting with other humans, then this job isn’t for you.
- Self-motivated individuals who know they need to get a job done and do not require constant hand-holding or oversight.
- Someone who desires remote work and autonomy. This is not for you if you think of work as a chance to meet people and make friends around the water cooler. You also need to be able to clearly separate your work time from the rest of your life and diligently get the job done.
- Someone who reads this job description and their resume/cover letter accurately references these requirements and speaks to each point with specific examples and/or work experience.
Ready to join the team?
Send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org