We are looking for a senior full stack engineer to join our team supporting our enterprise clients. Your primary focus will be developing the back-end system and defining the interaction with the front-end application (React). You must also have experience in developing responsive, progressive web applications in React and how to optimize the the entire system performance for highly interactive, consumer facing applications.
- Experience in one or more enterprise level BE frameworks (Node/C#/Java)
- Experience in database systems (SQL, GraphQL, Mongo, or cloud based solutions)
- Cloud based platform solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Dev-ops infra-structure (CI/CD)
- Responsive design (mobile and desktop) experience
- CSS-in-JS frameworks (Styled components / Emotion)
- Webpack 4+ and/or FE build tools and bundling
What you will do
Your primary responsibility is to develop the cloud based, web application system based on a major provider such as Amazon or Microsoft. The main area of focus will be in the back-end and database system, as well as the necessary build infrastructure and dev-ops to support the development team. This includes:
- Ability to assess a technical or design requirement and break it into subtasks with accurate estimates on time to deliver
- Deconstructing design and business requirements to architect back-end API contracts
- Act as a primary system developer, which means understanding of the complete system and performing code reviews for other developers focused on separate parts of the system.
The most important requirement of the job is communication. All communication is done via Slack/Hangouts/phone, which means you respond quickly in Slack to questions and you do not hesitate to reach out and discuss concerns, questions, or issues with the team. Of course, you are ultimately measured on the quality and timeliness of your output, but we have seen many competent consultants fail; they failed not because they could not code, but because they were not good at communicating status or working with the team to achieve common goals.
The position is fully flexible on location. You can be fully remote, or you can come in to our swank downtown San Diego work space whenever you feel like it. Don't feel like driving, no problem? Want to get away from your house for a change, come hang out. It's totally up to you.
What we seek
- Minimum of 5 years of full stack experience working with one or more BE frameworks (Node/C#/Java/etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with React on production web applications.
- Minimum of 3 years working on cloud based solutions from at least one major provider.
- Experience in enterprise web applications is a big bonus
- Someone with an eye and patience for detail, who is able to take visual requirements and reproduce pixel-perfect replications in code
- A clear communicator that is able to articulate problems and even present architecture/design in front of clients. If you don’t like to speak in front of groups, or don’t like interacting with other humans, then this job isn’t for you.
- Self-motivated individuals who know they need to get a job done and do not require constant hand-holding or oversight.
- Someone who desires remote work and autonomy. This is not for you if you think of work as a chance to meet people and make friends around the water cooler. You also need to be able to clearly separate your work time from the rest of your life and diligently get the job done.
- Someone who reads this job description and their resume/cover letter accurately references these requirements and speaks to each point with specific examples and/or work experience.
Ready to join the team?
Send your resume or CV to email@example.com