We are looking for a senior back-end engineer to join our team supporting our enterprise clients. Your primary focus will be developing the back-end system and defining the interaction with the front-end application (React). You will also be responsible for deployments to AWS and CI/CD configuration to support the development team.
- Experience in enterprise level BE frameworks (Node.js is preferred).
- Experience with serverless solutions is highly preferred.
- Experience in database systems (No-SQL cloud based solutions)
- Cloud based platform solutions (AWS)
- Experience in API development and API gateways is highly desired
- CI/CD configuration using common platforms such as Gitlab, Jenkins, or Circle
What you will do
Your primary responsibility is to develop the cloud based, web application system based on AWS. The main area of focus will be in the back-end and database system, as well as the necessary build infrastructure to support the development team. This includes:
- Ability to assess a technical or design requirement and break it into subtasks with accurate estimates on time to deliver
- Deconstructing design and business requirements to architect back-end API contracts
- Act as a primary system developer, which means understanding of the complete system and performing code reviews for other developers focused on separate parts of the system.
The most important requirement of the job is communication. All communication is done via Slack/Hangouts/phone, which means you respond quickly in Slack to questions and you do not hesitate to reach out and discuss concerns, questions, or issues with the team. Of course, you are ultimately measured on the quality and timeliness of your output, but we have seen many competent consultants fail; they failed not because they could not code, but because they were not good at communicating status or working with the team to achieve common goals.
What we seek
- Minimum of 5 years of full stack experience working with one or more BE frameworks (Node/C#/Java/etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years working on cloud based solutions from at least one major provider, with AWS highly preferred.
- Experience in enterprise web applications is a big bonus
- Someone with an eye and patience for detail, who is able to take visual requirements and reproduce pixel-perfect replications in code
- A clear communicator that is able to articulate problems and even present architecture/design in front of clients. If you don’t like to speak in front of groups, or don’t like interacting with other humans, then this job isn’t for you.
- Self-motivated individuals who know they need to get a job done and do not require constant hand-holding or oversight.
- Someone who desires remote work and autonomy. This is not for you if you think of work as a chance to meet people and make friends around the water cooler. You also need to be able to clearly separate your work time from the rest of your life and diligently get the job done.
- Someone who reads this job description and their resume/cover letter accurately references these requirements and speaks to each point with specific examples and/or work experience.