Border seeks a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our team. Our BDRs research prospective customers, create outreach strategies, and identify sales opportunities. As a BDR, you will conduct exploratory conversations with potential customers, use your business acumen to identify how Border could help a business build better software, and successfully position the Border value proposition.
This position offers a base salary and commission. We believe in a “work from anywhere” approach; in fact, we have been doing this since our founding. This position will enable you to work from home or our offices in downtown San Diego. This is a new position at our small company requiring you to help put together the plan for success, creating a reusable process for future hires. If you’re ambitious and want to move up to have a team of BDRs reporting to you in the future, this is the job for you.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work closely and collaboratively with Senior Management to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
- Conduct high volume prospecting (60-100 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media
- Schedule discovery meetings for Senior Management to further assess a prospect's business and potential for partnership with Border
- Conduct needs qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned
- Help midsize and enterprise companies identify shortcomings in their user experience design and technology
- Set yourself up for a successful career by learning the necessary fundamentals to be a great salesperson, leader, and executive
We’re looking for people who have:
- A track record of high achievement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous successful sales experience OR a strong desire to begin a sales career
- Ability to work independently and create your own path to success
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Are naturally curious and passionate
- The technical aptitude to utilize tools like Hubspot to cultivate and track leads
- A keenly developed competitive nature
- A "one-speed" energy with a highly self-driven sense of motivation
- The ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
- Previous sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed sales quotas a plus (but not required)
Border is a small team of talented designers, software architects and web developers. We focus on constructing modern web applications. The right way. We bring decades of startup thinking and big business understanding to help define, build, launch and market great software.
Our core service offerings help large companies evolve and improve their software user experience. Starting with our Design, Usability and Architecture assessment, our clients can learn simple things to evolve their software.
Ready to join the team?
Send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org