We are looking for mid- to senior-level UI designers to join our team. You will be working with our clients to research and design enterprise software screens. You will work with our front-end developers to build amazing experiences using the latest technology. This is a 100% remote position, but you must be within about 100 miles of San Diego. (We do get together on occasion.) We do not have strict hours or a dress code. Simply put: if you are a professional, reliable designer desiring creative work on your own schedule, this is the job for you.
- Sketch (app)
- User interviews
- Persona development
- Workflow diagramming
- Information architecture / taxonomy creation
- Implementing patterns and leveraging existing designs
- Updating and maintaining pattern and style libraries
- Build prototypes with PDFs, invision (app) or other
Experience in the following technologies are also highly desirable but not required
What you will do
Your primary responsibility is to work with internal and external stakeholders, clients and customers to design solutions based on requirements.
- Conduct phone calls with various individuals to turn rough requirements into specific workflows and stories.
- Layout ideas using Sketch to capture the design ideas and prepare any supporting flows to communicate your ideas.
- Present and defend your designs to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Document your designs to clearly communicate requirements to the developers.
- Review implemented designs to ensure quality and adherence to the specifications.
- Work with other designers to maintain the pattern and style libraries for the product.
Given that this position is completely remote, the most important requirement of the job is communication. All communication is done via Slack/Hangouts/phone, which means you respond quickly in Slack to questions and you do not hesitate to reach out and discuss concerns, questions, or issues with the team. Of course, you are ultimately measured on the quality and timeliness of your output, but we have seen many competent consultants fail; they failed not because they could not design, but because they were not good at communicating status or working with the team to achieve common goals.
What we seek
- At least 4 years experience producing designs for enterprise software products.
- Someone with an eye and patience for detail, who is able to take requirements and produce pixel-perfect designs that others understand.
- A clear communicator that is able to articulate problems and even present architecture/design in front of clients. If you don’t like to speak in front of groups, or don’t like interacting with other humans, then this job isn’t for you.
- Self-motivated individuals who know they need to get a job done and do not require constant hand-holding or oversite.
- Someone who desires remote work and autonomy. This is not for you if you think of work as a chance to meet people and make friends around the water cooler. You also need to be able to clearly separate your work time from the rest of your life and diligently get the job done.